SENIORS COACHING PROGRAM
11-16 years Y7/Y8/Y9/Y10/Y11
Our Seniors program is the next step on the CRP pathway. At this stage, students will now be comfortable with the basic elements of rugby and be ready to start focusing on more in-depth skills and tactics.
With our expert guidance student will learn how to create scoring opportunities and learn defensive structures. Elements learnt in the mini's and juniors programs will be practised and maintained.
The KEY COACHING ELEMENTS covered at this stage are outlined below,
- CORE SKILLS - All skill learnt at previous stages will be practised and maintained and students will be introduced to more in-depth techniques of creating scoring opportunities and defensive structures
- STRENGTH & CONDITIONING - Students will continue to stay generally fit and healthy performing game-related drills and activities and Bodyweight exercises. Students will also be introduced to weightlifting techniques
- SPEED & AGILITY - Students increase speed & agility by performing game-related drills and activities and learning specific speed & agility training techniques.
- NUTRITION - Our coaches will encourage students to learn basic cooking techniques, whilst re-enforcing information on food groups and healthy diet
- RUGBY VALUES - At all levels, students will understand its ok to win or lose. They will develop social skills and friendships, understand teamwork and develop a growth mindset through positive coaching methods