MINIS COACHING PROGRAM
4-7 years REC/Y1/Y2
Our Mini's program is the first step on the CRP rugby coaching pathway. We focus on making this introduction to rugby as enjoyable as possible. We introduce our 5 KEY COACHING ELEMENTS and concentrate on the basic principles of rugby.
Our students receive expert guidance from positive role models, which shapes their enjoyment of rugby for the future.
The KEY COACHING ELEMENTS covered at this stage are outlined below,
- CORE SKILLS - We introduce catching & passing, scoring tries & evasion
- STRENGTH & CONDITIONING - Students stay generally fit and healthy performing game-related drills and activities
- SPEED & AGILITY - Students increase speed & agility by performing game-related drills and activities
- NUTRITION - Our coaches will talk about healthy and unhealthy foods
- RUGBY VALUES - At all levels, students will understand its ok to win or lose. They will develop social skills and friendships, understand teamwork and develop a growth mindset through positive coaching methods