JUNIORS COACHING PROGRAM
7-11 years Y3/Y4/Y5/Y6
Our Juniors program is the second stage of the CRP rugby coaching pathway. We focus on developing the skills mastered during Mini's stage. Students will progress onto the next stage of our 5 KEY COACHING ELEMENTS and concentrate on learning how to play modified games of touch and full contact rugby.
Our students receive expert guidance to gaining a safe introduction to full-contact rugby, this enables them to confidently adapt to the differences of touch/tag rugby.
The KEY COACHING ELEMENTS covered at this stage are outlined below,
- CORE SKILLS - We continue developing catching & passing, scoring tries & evasion. They will also be introduced to tackling and kicking.
- STRENGTH & CONDITIONING - Students will continue to stay generally fit and healthy performing game-related drills and activities. Bodyweight exercises will be introduced as a form of physical training
- SPEED & AGILITY - Students increase speed & agility by performing game-related drills and activities
- NUTRITION - Our coaches will talk about healthy and unhealthy foods and introduce an understanding of different food groups
- RUGBY VALUES - At all levels, students will understand its ok to win or lose. They will develop social skills and friendships, understand teamwork and develop a growth mindset through positive coaching methods